We, at BC HAPPY HOMES IMMIGRATION SERVICES & NATIE SOTANA CANADA IMMIGRATION CONSULTANCY will first make sure that you are qualified and there are no immigrations barriers to apply for any Temporary Resident or Visitor program.

If you are interested to come to Canada as a Visitor or if you want to apply for Super Visa for your parents or grandparents, you may contact us here or you may also visit or contact us in any of our Canadian or Philippine Offices:

#207 - 13541 - 102 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 4X8 
Tel: (604) 584 1199
Fax: 1 866 906 1327
Email: info@sotanacanadaimm.com


ILOILO CITY (Philippine Main Office)
Lower Ground Floor, SM City Iloilo
Benigno Aquino Avenue, Mandurriao, Iloilo City 5000
Tel: (033) 330 0651
Email: iloilo@sotanacanadaimm.com

Room 207 VSB Building
Corner Lacson and 6th Street, Bacolod City 6100
Tel: (034) 709-1194
Email: bacolod@sotanacanadaimm.com

Every year, more than 35 million people visit Canada to enjoy the many opportunities our country has to offer, including visiting family and friends and as a tourist. Depending on where you live, you will need to meet certain entry requirements.

To visit Canada, you must:

  • have a valid travel document, such as a passport;
  • be in good health;
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home, financial assets and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;
  • satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit; and
  • have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.

You may also need:

  • A temporary resident (visitor) visa, depending on your citizenship,
  • ​Medical Exam, and
  • A letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada. 

In some instances, applicants may not be inadmissible to Canada - they are not allowed to come to Canada. A number of reasons can cause inadmissibility like present or past involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations, or in organized crime. You can also be inadmissible for security, health, or financial reasons. To know more about inadmissibility or to overcome a previous criminality, please don't hesitate to
contact us. 


Video from the Canadian Tourism Commission 



As of December 1, 2011, CIC has introduced the Super Visa. Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents who wish to visit their loved ones in Canada can now apply for a Super Visa. It is valid for up to 10 years and allows an applicant to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.

To apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, you must:

  • be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
  • be found admissible to Canada; and
  • meet certain other conditions.

Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner is eligible to accompany you under this provision.

Things to be considered:
   Visa officers consider several factors before deciding if a person is admissible. The person must be a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the other things that could be considered are:

  • the person’s ties to the home country;
  • the purpose of the visit;
  • the person’s family and financial situation;
  • the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
  • an invitation from a Canadian host.

In addition to being found admissible to Canada, the parent or grandparent must also:

  • provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada who meets a minimum income threshold;
  • prove that they have bought Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year; and
  • complete an Immigration Medical Examination.

The Difference
   Currently, most visitors to Canada may visit for up to six months when they first enter Canada. Visitors who wish to stay longer must apply for an extension, and pay a new fee.

With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status. Whereas most visitors to Canada may visit up to 6 months but if they wish to stay longer, they must apply for an extension and pay a new fee.

The Super Visa is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years. While a visitor visa would only have a status period for each entry of up to six months only.