Family reunification is a key objective of Canada Immigration that is why Canada Immigration is open to any qualified person who wants to sponsor their family to come and live in Canada. If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident who is 18 years of age or older, you may sponsor family members who wants to immigrate to Canada. The family class category facilitates the reunification of Canadian citizens and permanent residents with their families. A Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor, as members of the family class the following persons:

  • Spouse
  • A common-law partner which includes a person who is cohabiting in a conjugal relationship with a person (whether of the same sex or not), having so cohabited for at least one year
  • A dependent son or daughter including adopted children under the age of 19
  • Father or mother /Grandfather or grandmother
  • One relative regardless of age or relationship, where the Canadian citizen or permanent resident does not have a spouse, son, daughter, father, mother, grandfather, grandmother, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece.

Under the family class, the sponsor (A Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, living in Canada) must file an Undertaking of Assistance Application inside Canada. The Undertaking of Assistance must include proof of the sponsor's ability to assist the intending immigrant financially, proof of the sponsor's Canadian citizenship or permanent residence, proof of the sponsor's relationship with the intending immigrant and the required processing fee. Only in the case of a spousal sponsorship is a sponsor not required to meet the financial requirements but still required to submit documents indicating financial capacity. 

To know more about the Family Sponsorship or on your options to bring your family members here to Canada, please, contact us here

NOTICES from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)

  • Effective August 1, 2014, Citizenship and Immigration Canada has changed its definition of a dependent child for its immigration programs. A dependent child must be under 19 years of age, instead of the previous limit of under 22 years of age.

  • Effective December 22, 2014, eligible spouses or common-law partners have the opportunity to work in Canada while they wait for their application for permanent residence to be processed.  CIC will issue open work permits to certain spouses or common-law partners who are applying for permanent residence from inside Canada, before the approval in principle decision on their application is made.

  • ​Citizenship and Immigration Canada has now received 5,000 complete applications and the new intake into the Parents and Grandparents (PGP) program will again pause until next year. The government will continue to move forward with the Action Plan for Faster Family Reunification by reducing backlogs, improving processing times and reuniting families more quickly. For those who wish to bring their families to Canada, the Super Visa still remains a quick and easy way to reunite parents and grandparents with their loved ones. To know more about the Super Visa application process, please click here





We, at BC HAPPY HOMES IMMIGRATION SERVICES & NATIE SOTANA CANADA IMMIGRATION CONSULTANCY will first make sure that you are qualified and there are no immigrations barriers to Sponsor a family member here to Canada. 

If you are interested to Sponsor your family members to Canada  or would want to know your options as Sponsors in Canada, you may contact us here or you may also visit or contact us in any of our Canadian or Philippine Offices:

#207 - 13541 - 102 Avenue, Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 4X8 
Tel: (604) 584 1199
Fax: 1 866 906 1327
Email: info@sotanacanadaimm.com


ILOILO CITY (Philippine Main Office)
Lower Ground Floor, SM City Iloilo
Benigno Aquino Avenue, Mandurriao, Iloilo City 5000
Tel: (033) 330 0651
Email: iloilo@sotanacanadaimm.com

Room 207 VSB Building
Corner Lacson and 6th Street, Bacolod City 6100
Tel: (034) 709-1194
Email: bacolod@sotanacanadaimm.com